Thursday, September 6, 2012

Randomness

The boys have started up a super league baseball team. Not sure how great of an idea this is. We are playing Drew up again, although this time it is with 8 yr olds and it is a little much.  Justin has designed the jerseys and hats.  Don't they look sweet? Most the time it is a struggle with whining to get to practice and games, but they are learning a lot and seem to have fun when they are there.  It has me thinking, " Am I forcing them to do something they don't want?"  "Do they even know what they want?" "Do kids just whine about everything?" I don't know.  Drew picked #1, which was his jersey number last season.  When we asked Jensen he said, "100".  We told him that baseball numbers are two digits, "fine, 99". I should have just let him have it......classic Jensen.  But we tried to convince him to take one of mine or Justin's old, "cool" numbers, 10 or 22. Didn't work .  So, I told him he could pick a number under 30, then I thought about the great Michael Jordan who was 32, so I changed it to under 40.  Well, he picked #40.  He was so proud of it when they all got their uniforms.  Oh Jensen!!


Poor Breckers chipped a tooth.  He was running around crazy (imagine that, a Smith boy running around crazy...) at the Artic Circle playground and collided with another child.  The collision sent him flying teeth first into one of the benches and chipped that baby tooth.  His smile is so dang cute and I'm not sure what to do about it.  I mean, Jensen still hasn't lost his top teeth, which means Breck will have a chipped tooth till he is 7....Kindergarton pictures, 1st grade pictures, even 2nd grade pictures. Yikes!
My cute boys watching a movie in mom's bed. Yes, Drew still sucks his thumb and has a blankie and he is 5. Mom of the year!!!! So, a funny Drew story.  The other day he randomly says to Breck, "Any last words????" I start laughing and ask where he had heard that, and he didn't know but he asked what it meant. I told him,"do you want to say anything before you die?" He goes {for example}, "oh, like, Do you want some cereal?" Hee hee I was laughing and am laughing again.  So funny.  Drew is always good for a laugh.

No comments: