Friday, September 7, 2012

Back to School! BOOOO!!!!!

What a great summer we had.  We lived it up as much as possible.  Played all day and tried to get in everything we could.  Threw structure and bedtime and homework out the window and just winged it.  It was awesome.  I was not super excited to start back up again.  So much work and effort on mom.:) Although I know it brings good things too, and structure is good, la la la la la la la.:)

 Jensen started 2nd grade this year.  I can hardly believe it.  He has Mrs. Hammer.  As we were at back to school night, a friend in our ward said, "now every morning you can say, "Wake up, it's Hammer time!"" Only the oldies get that.  Jensen knows a lot of kids in his class and seems to be liking school.  We switched from early birds, which starts at 8 am, to later gators, which starts at 915, and that does seem to make a big difference in our life right now.  Now we are faced with the challenge of how to get all the evening activities in when they get home at 4. We just keep making adjustments.
Drew started kindergarten with Mrs. Ray. His best friend, Jason, is in his class and I know that has been a huge blessing.  My little Drewby struggles with change and I know that has really helped with his transition.  He seems to be doing great also.  And there is nothing cuter than watching your two little boys walking home together from the bus stop.
     This school schedule has allowed a little mom time, which I am greatly enjoying.  The two boys are at school and Breck takes a nap in the afternoon and I am left to myself.......for a few more months. I had to go and get pregnant. :) Just kidding we are super excited.


No comments: