Monday, February 9, 2009

Went in for carpet, but came out with stitches.

Long story short, or at least shorter. We were at Granite Furniture and Drew was running around the store, crazy. He snuck into a supply closet that didn't have a door and knocked over two square bed frame bars that pummeled Bre's face as soon as she entered the room to see what destruction the dude was causing. As she left the room her face was already dripping with blood and it was easy to see that she was going to need to stitch it up.

We ran to the urgent care and 11 stitches, a tetnus shot, and a couple suckers for the kids, later we were on our way. After 5 days she had the stitches removed and the nurses told her that the Doctor did such a great job that the scar will be hardly noticeable. I think they were just being nice. The following pictures are not for the faint of heart, procede to look with caution...



Nice job, Doc!


5 days later, just before stitch removal. I can't notice a scar, can you? Just kidding, it does look great... considering. Kidding again, Honey!



6 comments:

nick and julie said...

Oh, that gives me the creeps. Poor face. I'm glad you're doing well! It's good to see life on the blog again. julie

Mama said...

Please tell me she got to choose what ever carpet she wanted? OH man... where do your kids get there adventurous side? can't be from their parents???!!! hahahaa

baxtersrus said...

Wow, that looks sore. I hope it's doing better now. It was fun to see you Friday, hopefully soon again! Thanks for the suggestions for the book, that really helps. And don't worry about your blog, your family makes it cute anyway! I'm glad you updated it!

Generational stitcher said...

Glad you are feeling better!

Melissa said...

oh my gosh Bre...way to take one for the team!! I'm so glad you've jumped back onto the blog for a bit, way to blog Justin! I love that Drew dresses himself without pants, that both the boys are trying to fill the snowboarding boots while they're young, and that Jensen has a cute little suit. And Bre, even if you do only go snowboarding once a year, you sure look like a natural in all your gear. :) Jon would definitely give me the same quota if we lived near anything snowboard-able. I hope you heal quickly!!

TC Jolley said...

BRE! What the??!! I always thought you were cool, but now you are WAY cool! We have matching scars! The price you pay to be a great mommy huh?!?! I miss you and hope you are doing well :)